Please enter your credentials and SignIn.
Please use [SHIFT][F5] and delete the Cache of the Browser if you encountered an unusual layout
What is MetaBiom?
MetaBiom is an independent database that collects and provides information on possible associations between Human microbiome and chronic diseases.
Our main task is to offer all interested members of the health, especially medical professionals, an alternative way of looking for new ways to prevent, diagnose and cure such diseases. The use of MetaBiom is free of charge for all users.
MetaBiom is not a journal system, but a platform to collect and integrate important evidence, notes and connections between the microbiome and chronic diseases in a meaningful approach.
Based on the expertise of the authors(users), they can create their own new unique record or acquire ownership of the currently existing records for a specific disease(s), microbiota(s), metabolome(s) or factor(s) in order to keep them continuously updated and complete them according to advances in the relevant areas.
MetaBiom contains the following elements:
- - Evidence: Published, open source sources and references that can demonstrate possible links between disease, microbiome, metabolome and factor.
- - Disease: Symptoms and conditions of a chronic health disorder associated with a specific microbiota diversity, metabolome or factor.
- - Microbiota: Potential microbiota for which the population size relative to the normal healthy state and their location in the specific host could result in certain disease states or symptoms. They can be defined as class, ordinal, family, genus, species, and even binomial names.
- - Metabolome: metabolites used by the microbiota (prebiotic), produced by the microbiota (postbiotic) or used against the microbiota (antibiotic). It could lead directly to a specific disease process or indirectly as an adjuvant to other disease-related mechanisms.
- - Factor: Conditions that alter the absolute or relative abundance of the microbiota and cause possible contingent diseases or symptom variations.
The following Terms and Conditions apply for use of MetaBiom :
Access to MetaBiom indicates your acceptance of the following Terms and Conditions which apply to all data obtained from MetaBiom independent of format and method of acquisition and are in effect as long as the user retains any of the data obtained from MetaBiom.
- - It is not the intention of MetaBiom to provide specific cure advices but rather to provide healthcare professionals, investigators and patient with information to better understand possible curing methods of specific disorders. MetaBiom will not substitute the consultation with a qualified physician for consultation, diagnosis and treatment.
- - Services and Data provided by MetaBiom are free of charge and provided globally for scientific purposes.
- - There is any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information with respect to data contained in the MetaBiom, and, furthermore, assume no liability for any party's use, or the results of such use, of any part of the MetaBiom. MetaBiom is not responsible for any use, including, misuse of information accessible on MetaBiom website.
- - Data extracted from MetaBiom can be freely distributed and copied. However, any publication or dissemination of this data should cite the original source of the data.
- - Data extracted from MetaBiom are not considered to be used for marketing or other advertising purposes.
- - MetaBiom Web pages may provide links to other Internet sites. MetaBiom is not responsible for the availability or content of these external sites, nor does MetaBiom endorse, warrant, or guarantee the products, services, or information described or offered at these other Internet sites.
- - MetaBiom has no interfaces to other systems and organizations. information will not be willfully transferred to other third parties by MetaBiom.