Authorization access to the database is granted to all registered users to Enter / edit / delete your own evidence and records.
The use of MetaBiom is free of charge for all registered users.
After registering with MetaBiom, users get access to Metabiom as an author for their records and evidence.
Users can request to delete their MetaBiom account and profile at any time.
Enter your email as login and enter/reenter the new password, afterwards a verification email will be sent to your email. Follow the instructions to confirm your new account.
According to the expertise of the user, the corresponding profile should be filled out accordingly by the user and, in particular, the intention to work with MetaBiom should be stated.
After the initial profile check, the appropriate access will be granted.
Any password is accepted BUT please consider the following regulations to manage a secure Password usage and life cycle:
- - Password length of at least 10 characters.
- - Passwords should be unique, complex, and nonsensical, comprised of a mix of nonrepeating letters (upper and lower case), numbers, and symbols that do not contain dictionary words in any language, or have any other guessable context (employee ID, dates, etc.), or sequences from a keyboard like ‘qwerty’ or ‘zxcvb’.
- - Frequently change passwords—a process referred to as password rotation or password resetting. The frequency of rotation should vary based on the password age, usage, and security importance. For instance, a password for a standard user account may only require rotation at 60-day intervals, a process that can be forced through password expiration. On the other hand, superuser account (e.g., root, domain admin, etc.) and other highly privileged passwords should be frequently changed, including after each use—known as one-time-passwords, or (OTPs)—for your most sensitive accounts.
- - Prohibit password re-use. Users should not use the same passwords across their personal and work accounts.
- - If you ever need to share your password, change it when the other person is done with using it.
The following Terms of registration, privacy statement and
condition apply for use MetaBiom as registered user
Your registration indicates your acceptance of the following Terms and
- - You agree that your personal data (e.g. title, name, house
address, e-mail address, phone number,..) needed for registration are
stored in MetaBiom, your personal data are only used to identify you
as an author for other authors and contact establishment between them.
Your personal data are processed by us only in accordance with the
provisions of German data privacy laws. Without your explicit consent
or a legal basis, your personal data are not passed on to third parties
outside the scope of fulfilling registration.
- - Your logging information is stored only for maintenance
purposes and will be deleted in appropriate intervals based on MetaBiom workload.
- - You are not allowed to publish confidential personal data from others
which might solely or in combination yield to the explicit identification
of an individual (e.g.: name, birth date, address, email...) in
MetaBiom. the exception includes if such information is anonymized or
their usage properly confirmed voluntary by the affected person which
could be deleted by direct request from the affected individual.
- - You are allowed as an author to put, change, publish and delete
own records and are solely responsible in accordance with 55 Abs. 2
RstV for the contents including related documents, links, references and
- - You can every time delete your own profile and request to
delete your account and all related information without any notice or explanation.
According to the Data Protection Act, you have a right to
free-of-charge information about your stored data, and possibly
entitlement to correction, blocking or deletion of such data. Inquiries
can be directed to the e-mail addresses "email@example.com".
- - You are discouraged from advertising commercial content and products.
- - It is your duty to safeguard your Account login identifier and
password from any unauthorized use to access restricted areas of MetaBiom.
- - You agree that your ID and password might be disabled by MetaBiom in MetaBiom’s sole discretion without any notice or explanation.
- - You agree that MetaBiom may unpublish, delete your records in the
case of errors, misuse, conflicts, or any inappropriate content.
- - For some documents, data, and links available from MetaBiom maybe
subject to the copyright of third parties; if applicable you should
publishing and examine the licensing restrictions of published data and
linked pages and to secure all necessary permissions. If links on
MetaBiom route you to other pages, please inquire there about how your
data are handled in such cases.
- - For all documents, data and links available from MetaBiom may
be subject to other authors; if applicable you should explicitly refer
to the corresponding origin in your contents.