What is MetaBiom?
MetaBiom is an independent database that collects and provides information on possible associations between Human microbiome and chronic diseases that are still incurable.
Our main task is to offer all interested members of the health, especially medical professionals, an alternative way of looking for new ways to prevent, diagnose and cure such diseases. The use of MetaBiom is free of charge for all users.
MetaBiom is not a journal system, but a platform to collect and integrate important evidence, notes and connections between the microbiome and chronic diseases in a meaningful approach.
Based on the expertise of the authors(users), they can create their own new unique datasets or acquire ownership of the currently existing datasets for a specific disease (s), microbiome (s), metabolome (s) or factor (s) in order to keep them continuously updated and complete it according to advances in the relevant areas.
MetaBiom contains the following elements:
- Disease: Symptoms and conditions of a chronic disease associated with specific microbiome diversity, metabolome, or factor.
- Microbiome: Possible microbiome in which the population size in relation to the normal state and its location in the specific host could lead to certain disease states or symptoms. They can be defined as a class, order, family, generic, species, and even binomial names.
- Metabolome: Metabolites that are used by the microbiome (prebiotic), produced by the microbiome (postbiotic), or used against the microbiome (antibiotic). It could lead directly to specific disease progression or indirectly as an adjuvant to other disease-related mechanisms.
- Factor: Pathogens, conditions that alter the absolute or relative abundance of the microbiome and cause possible conditioned diseases or symptom variations.
- Evidence: Published, Abstracts or Fulltext Open Access sources and references that prove possible connections between disease, microbiome, metabolome, and factor.
The following Terms and Conditions apply for use of MetaBiom :
Access to MetaBiom indicates your acceptance of the following Terms and Conditions which apply to all data obtained from MetaBiom independent of format and method of acquisition and are in effect as long as the user retains any of the data obtained from MetaBiom.
For any support, questions and comments go to legal disclosure
- It is not the intention of MetaBiom to provide specific cure advices but rather to provide healthcare professionals, investigators and patient with information to better understand possible curing methods of specific disorders. MetaBiom will not substitute the consultation with a qualified physician for consultation, diagnosis and treatment.
- Services and Data provided by MetaBiom are free of charge and provided globally for scientific purposes.
- There is any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information with respect to data contained in the MetaBiom, and, furthermore, assume no liability for any party's use, or the results of such use, of any part of the MetaBiom. MetaBiom is not responsible for any use, including, misuse of information accessible on MetaBiom website.
- Data extracted from MetaBiom may be freely distributed and copied. However, In any publication or distribution of these data the source of the data should be attributed. Any modifications made to the content of the data, along with a complete description of the modifications should be stated.
- Any data extracted from MetaBiom shall not be used for marketing or other promotional purposes.
- Some MetaBiom Web pages may provide links to other Internet sites. MetaBiom is not responsible for the availability or content of these external sites, nor does MetaBiom endorse, warrant, or guarantee the products, services, or information described or offered at these other Internet sites.
- MetaBiom has no data connections to other systems and organizations. information will not be willfully transferred to other third parties by MetaBiom.