|Initialisation date:||[ ]|
- Whole-plant virgin sugarcane fibre is shown to ferment at a uniform rate and results in significant SCFA levels via microbial synthesis.
- Supplementation of complex whole-plant sugarcane fibre alone and in combination with probiotic bacteria has been confirmed to impart anti-inflammatory effects on colonic tissues in mice models of IBD through production of SCFAs along the entire colon length and significantly reduce the colitis-associated diseases symptoms in-vivo and influence microbial diversity in the proximal and distal regions of the colon resulting in attenuation of gut inflammation.
- The whole-plant sugarcane fibre has been previously demonstrated to impart positive effects on human gut microbiota in-vitro, particularly influencing the abundance of members of family Bifidobacteriaceae.
- Compared with the other dietary fibre supplements tested (wheat dextrin and psyllium husk), the whole plant sugarcane fibre shows the highest availability of polyphenols and antioxidant potential.
- Addition of polyphenol extracts and polyphenol rich foods increase the abundance of Bifidobacteriaceae.
- [1.1] 16 S rDNA microbiome composition pattern analysis as a diagnostic biomarker for biliary tract cancer  [World Journal of Surgical Oncology] [Journal] 
- [1.2] Altered gut microbiota in Chinese children with autism spectrum disorders_DUBLICATE  [Frontiers in Cellular and Infection Microbiology] [Journal] 
- [1.3] Gut microbial signatures can discriminate unipolar from bipolar depression  [Advanced Science] [Journal] 
- [1.4] Unraveling gut microbiota in Parkinson's Disease and Atypical Parkinsonism  [Movement Disorders] [Journal] 
- [1.5] Understanding the gut-kidney axis among biopsy-proven diabetic nephropathy, type 2 diabetes mellitus and healthy controls: an analysis of the gut microbiota composition  [Acta Diabetologica] [Journal] 
- [1.6] Spatial variation of the colonic microbiota in patients with ulcerative colitis and control volunteers  [Gut] [Journal] 
- [1.7] Helicobacter pylori infection aggravates dysbiosis of gut microbiome in children with gastritis  [Frontiers in Cellular and Infection Microbiology] [Journal] 
- [1.8] Reduced diversity and altered composition of the gut microbiome in individuals with myalgic encephalomyelitis/chronic fatigue syndrome.  [Microbiome] [Journal] 
- [1.9] The altered gut microbiota in adults with cystic fibrosis  [BMC Microbiology] [Journal] 
- [1.10] The vaginal metabolome and microbiota of cervical HPV-positive and HPV-negative women: a cross-sectional analysis  [BJOG: An International Journal of Obstetrics and Gyneacology] [Journal] 
- [1.11] Fecal microbiota profile in a group of myasthenia gravis patients  [Scientific Reports] [Journal] 
- [1.12] Faecal microbiota study reveals specific dysbiosis in spondyloarthritis  [Annals of the Rheumatic Diseases] [Journal] 
- [1.13] Dietary Fibre from Virgin Sugarcane  [Chapter] [Scholarly Community Encyclopedia] [Journal] 
- [1.14] Gut biogeography of the bacterial microbiota  [Nature Reviews Microbiology] [Journal]