- The reduction of Bifidobacteria, the main producers of lactic acid capable of suppressing the growth of pathogenic bacteria, leads to an alteration of the immunitary system.
- Dietary fiber provides a competitive advantage to Bifidobacteria
- [1.1] Study Of The Gut Microbiome In Egyptian Patients With Autoimmune Thyroid Diseases  [Research]  [The International Journal of clinical Practice] [Journal]
- [1.2] Gut microbiota composition reflects disease severity and dysfunctional immune responses in patients with COVID-19  [Research]  [Gut] [Journal]
- [1.3] Lactulose ingestion increases faecal bifidobacterial counts: A randomised double-blind study in healthy humans  [Research]  [european journal of clinical nutrition ] [Journal]
- [1.4] Targeting the Gut Microbiome to Mitigate Immunotherapy-Induced Colitis in Cancer  [Abstract]  [Trends in Cancer] [Journal]
- [1.5] The Contribution of Gut Microbiota–Brain Axis in the Development of Brain Disorders  [Review]  [Frontiers in Neuroscience] [Journal]
- [1.6] Is eating behavior manipulated by the gastrointestinal microbiota? Evolutionary pressures and potential mechanisms  [Review]  [Bioessays] [Journal]