Podagra arthritis uric acid Hyperuricemia
|MedDra ID:||[ ]|
|MedDra Level:||[ ]|
- In gout, Bacteroides caccae and Bacteroides xylanisolvens are enriched.
- Faecalibacterium prausnitzii and Bifidobacterium pseudocatenulatum depleted.
- The established reference microbial gene catalogue for gout revealed disorder in purine degradation and butyric acid biosynthesis in gout patients.
- Intestinal microbiota of gout are more similar to those of type-2 diabetes than to liver cirrhosis, whereas depletion of Faecalibacterium prausnitzii and reduced butyrate biosynthesis are shared in each of the metabolic syndromes.
- Bacteroides caccae is one biomarker of IBD. OmpW protein produced by B. caccae is a target of the IBD-associated immune response, thus the enriched intestinal B. caccae in gout patients could potentially induce serious inflammatory response.
- Faecalibacterium prausnitzii has anti-inflammatory properties and contribute to gut health through butyrate production. for gout patients, potentially explaining the decline in butyric acid biosynthesis in gout patients.
- [1.1] Intestinal Microbiota Distinguish Gout Patients from Healthy Humans  [Research]  [Scientific Reports] [Journal]